Close Menu
Old style home.
San Antonio | San Angelo | Eagle Pass

Get Family Green Cards with the Help of an Experienced San Antonio Immigration Lawyer

Texas immigration attorneys at The Lozano Law Firm help individuals in San Antonio, San Angelo, Eagle Pass and Laredo obtain family green cards for their relatives abroad. Outside of the immediate family, U.S. immigration policy places strict quota limits on how many immigrant visas it will grant to relatives of U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents. Having the assistance on your side of an experienced board-certified Texas immigration lawyer may make all the difference over how long it takes to get your family members admitted to the country, or even whether they will be granted a visa at all.

Approval of your petition is only the first step to a family green card

The proper application for a family green card is the I-130 Petition for Alien Relative. When a relative is outside the U.S. and is being petitioned to come in as a legal permanent resident, this process is know as Consular Processing. This petition is used by a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident to bring over a member of the immediate family such as a parent, spouse or child, as well as other relatives such as siblings, stepchildren and half-siblings. Whether a petition is granted and how long the process will take depends mainly on whether the petitioner is a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, and also what preference category the relative belongs to. Even after the I-130 petition is approved, eligible family members in most cases must still wait until a visa number becomes available; at that point, the relative can apply for an immigrant visa (green card) or adjustment of status to a lawful permanent resident.

U.S. immigration law places family members into separate preference categories for the purpose of granting family green cards. The highest priority goes to immediate relatives, which includes parents, spouses and unmarried children of adult U.S. citizens. Next in line are grown (21 years old or older) but unmarried children of U.S. citizens. The next preference category includes the spouses and unmarried children, including grown but unmarried children, of lawful permanent residents. After those family members come the married children of U.S. citizens, followed by siblings of U.S. citizens.

Expert Assistance With Your Family Green Cards from a Texas Immigration Lawyer

Regardless of the preference category your relatives are in, there are important reasons for seeking help from an able and experienced immigration attorney. At The Lozano Law Firm, we provide expert assistance at every stage of the process to get your family green cards successfully and in as short a time as possible. If you are in San Antonio, San Angelo, Eagle Pass or Laredo, contact The Lozano Law Firm for help in obtaining family green cards for your relatives.

Share This Page:

© 2014 - 2018 The Lozano Law Firm, PLLC. All rights reserved.
Custom WebShop™ law firm website design by

Contact Form Tab