Fiancé Visa Lawyer

Fiancé Visa Lawyer

Help With Fiancé(e) Visas In Texas From An Experienced Immigration Lawyer

fiance visa lawyer 300x199 1

If you and your foreign fiancé plan on living in the United States, you should speak with a Fiancé Visa lawyer. The Fiancé Visa process can be complex, and you don’t have to endure it alone. You can work with an experienced legal professional who can guide you through the Fiancé Visa process.

Lozano Law Firm helps bring couples together by assisting a prospective spouse to enter the country for marriage on a Fiancé Visa. Our family immigration attorneys continue to help clients after they have married as well. We do this by applying for an adjustment of status for lawful permanent residency.

What Is A Fiancé Visa?

A Fiancé Visa allows someone with foreign national status to come to the United States for the purpose of marrying their fiancé who is a citizen of the United States. This Fiancé Visa is often called a “K-1 Visa”. It allows for travel to the United States and residency within the country for up to 90 days. If a foreign national is already in the United States with another type of Visa, such as a Student or Work Visa, then a K-1 Visa is not necessary. A Fiancé Visa is only necessary if the foreign national fiancé is outside of the United States and wishes to enter for the purpose of getting married.

After the marriage of the foreign national who has a K-1 Visa and the U.S. citizen, the foreign national may apply for a Green Card. In this situation, the ultimate goal would be permanent residency with the U.S. citizen who is now a spouse. If the foreign national plans on returning to their home country, then a Green Card may not be necessary. Permanent residency is only sought for people who plan on remaining in the United States.

A Fiancé Visa lawyer can help you understand the process that you need to go through in order to obtain a K-1 Visa and eventually a Green Card. Your specific situation may be unique. So it’s best to speak with a Fiancé Visa lawyer who can review your circumstances and guide you through the correct process for you.

Enter To Marry With A K-1 Visa

U.S. immigration law allows a person to enter the United States for the purpose of marriage. The appropriate Visa is a K-1 nonimmigrant Visa. Like all nonimmigrant Visas, the K-1 is applicable for a limited time only, and the couple should get married within 90 days of the fiancé’s arrival in the U.S. After the marriage, we can help the K-1 Visa holder apply for lawful permanent residency (a Green Card) through the adjustment of status process.

The Fiancé Visa process all starts with the filing of an I-129 Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) with the National Visa Center. We assist our clients from the outset with help in preparing and filing the I-129 and then with preparing and filing a K-1 Visa application with the appropriate U.S. Embassy or Consulate. This process involves a medical exam as well as providing proof of financial support and an abundance of supporting documentation. We can help you understand the process and gather what documents are required so that your application will be successful the first time you file it and in a timely fashion.

Who May Get A Fiancé Visa?

In order to get a Fiancé Visa, both parties must qualify under immigration laws. To qualify for a Fiancé Visa, you must be able to prove the following:

The process of qualifying for a Fiancé Visa can be complex. A fiancé visa lawyer can help you determine if you qualify and complete appropriate documentation. You will have to submit proof to the government that you meet all of these qualifications. A Fiancé Visa lawyer can review your information and help you navigate the K-1 Visa application.

Explore Detailed Information About Our Immigration Services.

Children Can Come Too, With A K-2 Visa

fiance visa lawyer 1 300x225 1Children of the K-1 Visa holder may accompany him or her to the U.S. as well; this process requires preparing and filing for a K-2 derivative Visa. However, your children must meet specific requirements in order to come to the United States on a K-2 Visa.

Your children must be:

The term “children” does not only apply to your naturally born children. It may also include adopted children and those who were born out of wedlock. The United States will recognize your children legally if your home country recognizes them as yours.

Applicants for Green Cards who wish to bring their children to the United States must show that their children fit the definition of “stepchildren.” This involves showing that the marriage between the petitioner and foreign national took place prior to the children turning 18. However, this requirement is not necessary for a K-2 visa.

Sometimes an application for a K-2 Visa will be denied for a child who has already turned 18, but is not yet 21. However, in these circumstances, it is necessary to show proof that the child meets all of the requirements of a K-2 Visa. This includes being under the age of 21.

If your child is almost 21, then it’s necessary to quickly apply for a K-2 Visa. Your child must be unmarried and under the age of 21 until the day that they come to the United States. If your child is nearing the age of 21, it may be possible to speed up the K-2 Visa process. Contact a Fiancé Visa lawyer right away to get started.

K-3 Visas For Spouses Already Married

Perhaps you are already in a marriage but still need to bring your spouse to America in order to complete the process for obtaining lawful permanent resident status. In that case, we can help you to obtain a K-3 Visa for your spouse. We can also help you obtain a K-4 derivative Visa for the kids.

A K-3 Visa is an alternative to a typical immigrant Visa. However, it can be difficult to obtain a K-3 Visa. Take the following steps to obtain a K-3 Visa:

The K-3 Visa process can be complex. It’s best to work with a Fiancé Visa lawyer who can help you through the process. If you have children seeking K-4 Visas as well, then you will definitely want to consult with a Fiancé Visa lawyer to ensure the process goes smoothly.

Let An Experienced Immigration Lawyer Help You With Your Fiancé Visa

Lozano Law Firm helps people in San Antonio, San Angelo, Eagle Pass and Laredo obtain their K-1 Fiancé Visa and establish lawful permanent residency in the U.S. If you find yourself needing to bring your fiancé to America in order to get married, contact Lozano Law Firm for help from a skilled and trusted San Antonio immigration lawyer.

Our Immigration Lawyers in the News

family immigration attorney in san antonio tx lozano law firm

How to Obtain Residency If In The U.S. Illegally

Enter your email below. We’ll send you a booklet with more info.

    We respect your privacy. The information you provide will be used to answer your question or to schedule an appointment if requested.

    Real Clients, Real Reviews

    138 reviews on
    Maria Perez
    Maria Perez
    Muy buena atención de parte de Zayda . La atención y la prioridad sobre mi caso es muy buena recomiendo .Ya que por mi parte me ayudaron mucho hasta lograr el objetivo.
    candy ledezma
    candy ledezma
    Me gustó mucho el trato que nos dió (Zayda)siempre atenta ,aclaró nuestras dudas y muy amable,trabajando hasta horas fuera de su horario solo para ayudar en nuestro caso,100% recomendada hace muy bien su trabajo.! Se los recomiendo todas las personas que trabajan en Lozano Law Firm son muy ambles
    Pablo Veliz
    Pablo Veliz
    Great lawfirm. Mr. Lozano has assembled a solid team. Zayda was communicative and very detailed in her process. Thank you!
    Juan Ramirez
    Juan Ramirez
    Hola mi nombre es Juan mi prometida y yo quedamos muy sastifechos por el buen trabajo que isieron con nosotros,personas muy capacitadas sin duda alguna,gracias ZAYDA HERNANDEZ y todo el personal que componen este fufete de abogados.
    Adamaris Coss
    Adamaris Coss
    Muy buena atención están al pendiente de que tengas en orden tu papelería te ayudan mucho y explican cosa por cosa dudas, preguntas, etc. Todo lo responden de buena manera gracias por su atención muy recomendable.
    Oscar Gutierrez
    Oscar Gutierrez
    This company helped me a lot, more specifically Zayda. I am very thankful with her because she always listened to me ando was very easy to contact. Very happy with her work.
    primo perez
    primo perez
    Zayda gracias por tu amabilidad y tu paciencia
    Liliana Lopez
    Liliana Lopez
    Buen abogado. Debido a nuevo personal que trabaja activamente en el seguimiento de los casos y los cambios recientes en USIS en 2 meses obtuve mi permiso de trabajo. Muy agradecida con Dios y con el equipo del despacho. Zaida bendiciones. We continue in touch. !!!

    Contact Our Immigration Lawyer

    Contact Us Today For a Case Consultation

      Language Preference

      We respect your privacy. The information you provide will be used to answer your question or to schedule an appointment if requested.

      We answer your Immigration questions on Facebook Live.

      Have a question you want answered by the Lozano team? Join our next discussion.
      EVERY WEDNESDAY: Typically around 10am-12pm
      Click Here and follow us on facebook

      What People Say

      "I am very grateful because my wife is here now. I'm very grateful for the staff at Lozano Law Firm."

      Michael DeVilbiss

      Spanning 30 Countries & Counting

      Scroll to Top