Immigration Attorney Q&A Facebook Live

Request A Consultation

immigration attorney facebook live

Immigration Attorney Responds To Community

After last month’s visit to Eagle Pass, we were approached by local media Eagle Pass 411, an online source for community news. They informed us that many of their visitors would benefit from learning more about our services and invited immigration attorney Alfredo Lozano to record a Facebook Live. We happily agreed and accepted the invitation. On December 1, during our visit to our Eagle Pass office, we went live! During the broadcast we answered questions that members of the Eagle Pass 411 Facebook community had previously sent in.

Below Is A List Of The Questions Asked. Along With The List Of Questions Is A Summary Of The Response By Immigration Attorney Alfredo Lozano.

Q. What should I do if I want to become a U.S. permanent resident?

A. We have to determine what is the best way. You can do it through a company or through a family member. Petitioning through family is easiest typically when the petitioner is a U. S. Citizen vs. a permanent resident.

Q. What should I do if my Visa has expired?

A. If your Visa is expired, you are in the United States illegally. Your other options are to find out if you can get your permanent residency through a family member, return to your country and travel back in legally or stay and run a risk of getting caught.

Q. I am in the United States on a temporary visit but want permanent status, what do I do?

A. One option is to have an employer or family member petition for you. There is another option to permanent status which is that of investing in the United States through an Investor Visa.

Q. We are six in my family and just make enough to pay my bills. Is there any program that will help me with my proceedings costs?

A. Yes, there is program that if you qualify, allows you to take your citizenship exam without having to pay the exam fee.

Q. What law will change in 2018 for those that want to renew their permanent resident status?

A. At this time there are no such laws. However, there are possible changes nonetheless. My advice is to file your renewal up as early as six months prior to your Green Card expiring.


About Alfredo Lozano

alfredo lozano of lozano law firm inAlfredo Lozano is the founder and principal attorney at Lozano Law Firm, an immigration law firm serving the communities of San Antonio, Eagle Pass, Laredo and San Angelo in business and family-based immigration law. Mr. Lozano is a member of the State Bar of Texas, the San Antonio Bar Association, and the American Immigration Lawyers Association.

Scroll to Top