Deferred Action For Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Renewal

Request A Consultation

Timeframe For DACA Renewals: You can now apply for DACA renewal. The Immigration Service has released a renewal form, and the Immigration Service will allow you to apply for renewal of your Deferred Action and your Work Permit no more than 150 days (5 months) before your current Deferred Action and Work Permit expire (they expire on the same day). You should try to apply for renewal at least 120 days (4 months) before your Deferred Action and Work Permit expire. If you don’t you may not get your renewal before your current documents expire. Calculate and pay attention to this four month window in which you should apply to renew your Deferred Action and Work Permit.

Learn What You Need To Know About The DACA Program And Whether You Apply For It

What Paperwork Do I Need To Renew: You will not need to re-submit any of the paperwork you submitted with your original application for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (school, immunization, birth, and other records). If you have been arrested by police or immigration officers since you received your grant of Deferred Action and your Work Permit, you’ll need to collect all arrest, court charging, and court conviction records related to the arrest. If you were arrested by immigration officers, you’ll need records from the immigration court about your case. If you have been arrested or convicted please consult with our attorney BEFORE you submit your application, or better yet, have our law firm submit it on your behalf.

What Is the Fee Dor DACA Renewal: The fee for renewal is the same as the fee for the original application: $465.00.

What If I Originally Applied Before Finishing High School Or My GED: If you were in high school or a General Education Development (GED) program when you originally applied for Deferred Action, the Immigration Service will not require you to show progress in school or a diploma when you submit your Deferred Action renewal application. However, they might ask to look at proof of progress or a diploma before granting your renewal. If you want to be safe, you should prepare to submit your GED certificate, high school diploma, or proof that you have progressed towards completing your high school education, if immigration officers ask for it. If you submitted a high school diploma or GED certificate with your original application, you do not need to submit this again.

What Should I Do Now: Save money for the application fees, if you don’t already have money saved. Calculate when you should apply (150 days before your Deferred Action and Work Permit expire), put this on your calendar, and if you have not yet finished your high school or GED program, collect some evidence showing that you are making progress towards a high school diploma or certificate. If you’ve been arrested, get some records from the police or court about what happened.

Lozano Law Firm, has successfully filed hundreds of DACA applications. If you would like our law firm to take over your case, start a new DACA application because you now qualify, or renew your application, contact us we can help you. DACA consultations are free and can be done via phone, Skype or at our offices.

About Alfredo Lozano

alfredo lozano of lozano law firm inAlfredo Lozano is the founder and principal attorney at Lozano Law Firm, an immigration law firm serving the communities of San Antonio, Eagle Pass, Laredo and San Angelo in business and family-based immigration law. Mr. Lozano is a member of the State Bar of Texas, the San Antonio Bar Association, and the American Immigration Lawyers Association.

Scroll to Top