Test E-2 Post

Request A Consultation

The U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services (USCIS) recently expanded the Credit Card Payment Pilot to allow credit card payments across USCIS service centers. The move is part of the agency’s plan to accept digital payments via credit card at all of its locations.

USCIS has also announced an expansion of its rules regarding premium processing. Employers can now pay an additional fee to expedite the application for E-2 Investor Visas and other employment-based petitions.

The immigration process is notoriously difficult, and you may not know how to find answers to your questions. Whether you want to start a business or join your loved ones in the United States, Lozano Law Firm, is passionate about helping individuals and families maneuver the murky waters of immigration.

USCIS Expands E-2 Visa & Credit Card Payment Pilot

What Is An E-2 Visa?

An E-2 Investor Visa allows you to live and work in the United States when you invest a substantial amount into a U.S. business venture. Generally, the amount must exceed $100,000 or be enough to start and operate the business. You can extend the Visa indefinitely, but USCIS can revoke it if your investment isn’t working out.

Not every country has Investor Visa agreements with the U.S., so not every investor is eligible to apply. Most of the European Union has treaties with the U.S., as do other countries, including:

  • Argentina
  • Australia
  • Canada
  • Japan
  • Mexico
  • South Korea

The E-2 Visa is also available to key employees of the investor’s business. They must have a significant position in the company, such as an executive or supervisor. Additionally, the employee should be of the same nationality as the investor.

E-2 Visa holders can bring their spouses and children under the age of 21 to the U.S. with derivative Visas, or Visas for family based immigration. If the business they invested in closes, the investor and those with derivative Visas must return to their country of origin or obtain a different Visa status.

Do You Need A Lawyer For Immigration Investor Visas?

An Investor Visa applicant is not required to retain an attorney, but the process can be confusing without legal advice, especially if you aren’t familiar with Visa and immigration laws. There are various types of immigration status, such as:

Pinpointing the correct status for you can be challenging. Working with an experienced immigration lawyer will smooth the path to getting your Visa.

How Can An E-2 Visa Immigration Attorney Help?

Everyone’s situation is different, and you’ll probably have a million questions specific to your circumstances when applying for an E-2 Visa. If you want personalized guidance during the process, you should work with an attorney who has extensive experience with immigration cases.

Many issues could pop up because of the laws and stipulations surrounding investor Visas. USCIS heavily scrutinizes E-2 Visa applications, rejecting them if the information is inaccurate, insufficient, or questionable. If you want to avoid problems with your application, consulting with an iIvestor Visa lawyer is your best option.

If you already have an E-2 Investor Visa that is in danger of being revoked, you should contact a lawyer for removal defense. You may have a case against losing your Visa. If not, a Visa lawyer can aid you in applying for an adjustment of status.

Can Immigration Attorneys Near Me Determine Which Visa I Am Eligible For?

Yes, an immigration attorney can help you navigate the various avenues of immigration to find the best option for you. To be eligible for an E-2 Investor Visa, you must:

  • Invest a significant amount into a U.S. business
  • Be a citizen of a country that has a treaty Visa agreement with the U.S.
  • Hold a key position in the investor’s company

If the above does not apply to you, there could be other ways to immigrate to the United States. A lawyer can assess your situation and point you in the right direction.

Lozano Law Firm, has helped many individuals and families with unique circumstances immigrate to the U.S. We are attentive to every client to determine the best plan to reach their goals.

Find An E-2 Visa Immigration Lawyer Near Me In San Antonio, Texas, With Lozano Law Firm

Lozano Law Firm, is an immigration law firm in San Antonio, Texas, with additional offices in San Angelo and Eagle Pass. Our founder, Alfredo Lozano, is a board-certified immigration attorney in good standing licensed to practice U.S. immigration law. With a personalized approach for each client, Mr. Lozano is dedicated to helping individuals, families, and corporations find practical solutions.

Based on his comprehensive experience, Mr. Lozano provides his clients with essential information to help them understand the immigration process. Call us today at (210) 899-2290 or fill out our online form for more details about the E-2 Investor Visa.

Copyright © 2022. Lozano Law Firm. All rights reserved.

The information in this blog post (“post”) is provided for general informational purposes only and may not reflect the current law in your jurisdiction. No information in this post should be construed as legal advice from the individual author or the law firm, nor is it intended to be a substitute for legal counsel on any subject matter. No reader of this post should act or refrain from acting based on any information included in or accessible through this post without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a lawyer licensed in the recipient’s state, country or other appropriate licensing jurisdiction.

Lozano Law Firm
5718 University Heights Blvd #104
San Antonio, TX 78249
(210) 899-2290

About Jim

Download Your Free E-2 Book Guide Today!

Navigating The E-2 Treaty Investor Visa - A Guide For Foreign Investors & Entrepreneurs
Scroll to Top