San Antonio and San Angelo TX Deferred Action Assistance for Dreamers

On June 15, President Obama announced that young educated Dreamers can now apply for work permits in the United States. This change is not the DREAM Act that congress has been debating for the last 11 years. The president’s announcement does not offer legal status in the United States. It offers deferred action on certain immigration enforcement cases.

How it works: You identify yourself to the Immigration Service as a person who does not have legal status in the United States, but who entered the country as a child, attended school, fought in the military, and didn’t commit any major crimes. You show the Immigration Service that it’s a waste of their time to try and deport you, and Immigration Service gives you a work permit and a social security number.

Is it dangerous to come out of the shadows like this? Not if you have good legal representation that knows how to protect your interests and get you the benefits you deserve. The Lozano Law Firm in San Antonio, TX is currently taking on cases for dreamers that have no major crimes and otherwise clearly qualify for a work permit. We want to get work permits for people who clearly qualify as soon as possible. Congress might act to stop this new change or we might get a new president in January. If you qualify, get your work permit now before this opportunity goes away. This option is better than any other alternative currently being offered to people who didn’t choose this country, but have become a vital part of it.

What Deferred Action is.

Deferred action is a discretionary determination to defer removal action of an individual as an act of prosecutorial discretion. Deferred action does not confer lawful status upon an individual. In addition, although an alien granted deferred action will not be considered to be accruing unlawful presence in the United States during the period deferred action is in effect, deferred action does not absolve individuals of any previous or subsequent periods of unlawful presence.

Under existing regulations, an individual who has been granted deferred action is eligible to receive employment authorization for the period of deferred action, provided he or she can demonstrate “an economic necessity for employment.” Deferred action can be terminated at any time at the agency’s discretion or renewed by the agency.

What Deferred Action is NOT.

Deferred Action is NOT a path to citizenship or amnesty. The grant of deferred action under this new directive does not provide an individual with permanent lawful status or a pathway to obtaining permanent lawful status. Only the Congress, acting through its legislative authority, can confer the right to permanent lawful status. Moreover, Individuals who have been convicted of a felony offense, a significant misdemeanor offense, or three or more other misdemeanor offenses not occurring on the same date and not arising out of the same act, omission, or scheme of misconduct are not eligible to be considered for deferred action under the new process.

How do I know if I qualify?

In order to qualify you must meet the following requirements:

  • Came to the United States before reaching your 16th birthday.
  • Have continuously resided in the United States since June 15, 2007, up to the present time (except for brief, casual, and innocent absences).
  • Were physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012, and at the time of making your request for consideration of deferred action with USCIS.
  • Entered without inspection before June 15, 2012, or your lawful immigration status expired as of June 15, 2012
  • Are currently in school, have graduated from high school, have obtained a general education development certificate, or are honorably discharged veterans of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States.
  • Have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, three or more other misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety. If you’re not sure what this means click here.
  • Were born after June 16th, 1981.

Can I travel outside the United States with Deferred Action?

With Deferred Action, you can apply for Advanced Parole into the United States. Advanced Parole gives you permission to legally reenter the United States after leaving. With Deferred Action, you should not leave the United States without first obtaining Advanced Parole to reenter. To qualify for Advanced Parole, you must have a strong humanitarian reason for leaving the United States. If you mother is in the hospital in Guatemala, you may qualify for Advanced Parole. If you want to go to the beaches in Cancun, you probably don’t qualify. Also, if you have lived illegally in the United States (without Deferred Action) after the age of 18, traveling out of the United States may stop you from gaining future legal status in the United States.

What do I do now?

DREAMERS ACTION! We have dedicated an entirely new website just for Dreamers who qualify for Deferred Action. Don’t face this alone, and don’t try to go through the application process without professional help!

LEGAL FEES: The associated government fees have been determined to cost $465–which includes biometrics, and a work permit.You can get started now with and pay a retainer fee of $200 for our professional services, with a balance of $775 after starting your case.

At the Lozano Law Firm — DreamersAction — we are here to help you through the legal process and make sure your application is clean, precise, and professional. Basically, we make it very difficult for USCIS to deny your application. Get started now…